5.25.2009

greenery update

i am continuing my love affair
with my garden
yes, folks, i have found my "should-have-been" profession:
a farmer

like those before me, i come from a long line of farmer-types.
i think i shall join their ranks and become a shovel weilding, garden perusing, chicken chopping, apple preserve canning, suspender wearing, farmer.
it's in my roots, i can feel it.

when those granuals of dirt get under my nails and the fibers of my sweat bead across my forehead, i realize that my joy in such otherwise uncomfortable circumstances comes from my upmost pleasure in watching these little ones grow.

here are some updates on a few of my loves:

radishes
(which i hate, but the weldon men love)

may 4th

may 25th



lettuce

may 4th

may 25th



plus, items in the garden world have cutie-tootsie names, too, which i love :)
a lot of tomatoes i know.
but if you know mr. foster then you know that no amount of tomatoes will be enough. my 12 plants will surely become barren within moments of containing ripened fruit.
mr. f is a tomatoe machine.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Angie-
    I have to say, I understand your love affair with your garden. I, too have realized how much I enjoy all of this. You forget about all the pain and labor of it when you see them growing, its like...woohoo! it was worth it. I imagine it could be much like childbirth? Haha...

    Anyway :) It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your garden! I am expecting a few tomatoes at the beach...there is nothing like a fresh, red tomato!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin