4.08.2009

3.4%

so i have this reoccurring nonsensical dream.
one of the various rediculous thoughts that haunt me randomly.

(second only to the one where my teeth fall out, or the one where i am pregnant with a baby attached to a USB cable)

i have an extreem fear of loosing files.
i have so little physical proof of any of the digitally moments that we capture.

all of my kids everythings are captured (in duplicate and triplicate and ocotcate??) and are stored on my harddrive.

and then my pewney harddrive filled up and started shutting down (which is silly because i am so good at slimming down the number of pictures that i take :)

so now they are all on my little side drive.

but i have a nightmare that the house will burn down and i will forget to grab it as i scale down the side of the house carrying 2 kids, my grandpa's bible and the letter clint wrote me for our 5th anniversary.

i just can't think about loosing these files anymore.
my peace of mind needs rest...oh does it ever need rest.

so i installed


and as it "mozy's" through my files and copy's them to a land far far away
my worries begin to fade somewhat.

although after 6.4 hours it has only copied 3.4% of my files (thanks again slow computer coupled with slow internet)

i feel better already.
3.4% of my digital children are safe.
i'll be sure to get 3.4% more sleep tonight.

2 comments:

  1. lol! I totally know what you mean. I don't often lose sleep over it, but I do consider from time to time the fact that most of my kid's memories are held hostage on the computer. At least I have the photobooks on shutterfly that could always be reordered were they to get destroyed or lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep a hard drive at your parents :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin