7.26.2013

happy gotcha day, my love



it's been a busy few weeks around here. lots of fun things happening and new jobs and lots of regular old typical days...the kind that summer is supposed to include with popsicles and last minuet play dates and lazy mornings.


today was another typical day...except it's also a special day. it's emery's Gotcha Day, marking 2 years together. i can't quite wrap my head around all that has happened in the past two years, but honestly it feels like she didn't have a start date. i can't remember my first thoughts about her...my first prayers...they have been there as long as i can remember. i think it was around the time that foster was born, 7 years ago, that i started dreaming of my far off daughter...the one that wouldn't come from me, but would be meant for me.

we spent a long afternoon outside today, playing and swinging and finding earth worms. and it feels like any other day...thankfully.

 
today is not the only day that we talk about her story, because each of our stories is unique and beautiful and it would be silly to only talk about them once a year. we are making emery's favorite meal tonight...the one that we make all the time, because it's her favorite. we are making brownies and watching the kids dance to alvin and the chipmunks after dinner becasuse that's what we do every night. and we will marvel at her, just like always. we will marvel at the tiny little girl we met 2 years ago who has stolen our hearts in the best of ways and who we cherish and delight in because of who she is, not just because we adopted her.
she is magnificent because that's how her Creator intended her to be and i'm so very thankful to have the honor of living life with such a grand creation. 

 

in honor of today, a few videos from our first days together in china...







4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, girl, so beautiful! And, how can it be that another year has passed, seems I was just discovering your breathtaking story, your sweet family, and seems like you just were celebrating Gotcha Day greatness with the attack of the doilies!! Your family is precious and your words are encouraging ... much love to you from the midwest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We just got our match and I am so excited to meet our little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Angie. Much love and joy to you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reread all your posts Friday night, till midnight. I couldn't stop. So happy you are her mom. Broke my heart.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin