8.10.2008

love-self-ness. i love me.

have you ever realized something about yourself?
something that you hope other people don't see

well, i realized something today that i have realized many times before
but i always seem to conviniently forget

i love myself. way too much.
it's always there.
creaping up on me.
waiting to rear it's uglyness in my heart.

let me clarify.

i love doing things that i want to do
i love having things done the way i want them done
although many times there is an equally sufficient or better way

i love checking my email 12 times a day (ok, 15 times)
i love having my phone within an arms reach at all times.
if i go somewhere and forget my phone, i turn around and go home to get it.
how crazy is that?
what am i going to miss out on?
my stunning social life?
a call from hollywood saying they are going to make an uber facinating movie about my uber facinating life and pay me 1 billion dollars?
an alien marcian calling to tell me that UFO's are real and they really are coming to take over?
seriously, ang.
put the cell phone down.
turn off your computer.
(or at least when you are done writing this blog :)

i love convincing myself that i don't love myself
i love thinking that i am unselfish until i see a flash of my inate self-love-ness
and then try to pretend that i didn't see it

so back to the point...

i read something today that reminded me that i love myself too much
and i hate it that which is within me.

this is one of the most convicting/best/true/sad/honest blogs i have ever read.

if you dare, read it.
but you just might realize that you too, love you.

http://claytonking.com/kill-your-apathy-before-it-kills-you/





//

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin