12.04.2008

the big cut

in an edward scizzorhands snip-alike motion
i was scizzoring at warp speed.
the scizzoring was going quite well.
the side and back hair was well trimmed.
not CUT, trimmed.
still keeping the esscence of long-headedness

but my snipping escapade turned disasterous in one foul slice.
just as my scizzor crunched down on his ever so-luxurious front locks
my not-so-patient patient finched
i made an attempt to counter flinch so as to continue my snippage
but the impending flinch resulting from my counter flinch
resulted in an unmistakable mistake.



i froze.
edward scizzorhands would not have been proud.

i began to utter those un-imaginable, un-desirable words
you know, the ones you never want to hear...

from your doctor, when your baby is on the brink of birth
from your tax accountant, when tomorrow is april 14th
from yourself, whilst you are cutting someone else's hair

"uh-oh"

the front-most portion of my son's head was ever unfortunatly shorter than the side and back regions.

this, my friends, is when scrappy home haircuts should be left to the professionals.

out came the clippers upon the realization that a side/back mullet will never come back into style

hair grows, right?

4 comments:

  1. yes, hair grows, it happened to us about a month ago. Katie's beautiful hair was gone in a matter of seconds. But now it looks cuter than ever.
    Mamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I like him with shorter hair too!! It was not that bad of a mistake! He wears both long and short well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll grow back ... Been there, done that! (and truthfully, I'll probably do it again ...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! He is so cute with his hair long or short!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin