4.22.2010

i couldn't resist...

i bought this for you. it's hanging in my closet
it's waiting for you

somewhere in my heart i'm regaining hope
that you'll be wearing it at just the right time
a time that only your Father can know
maybe next easter, or for your birthday or mine
maybe for christmas with leggings and shiny purple shoes
maybe for ice cream with with your brothers on a warm summer night

but whenever you wear it, i will look at you lovingly and remember today.
the day when i bought it for you
while you were still far away
and i will continue to treasure you deep in my soul
because you're my love
my sweet little polka dot girl





1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you bought that dress!!!! I went back to Target about 3 weeks ago with the intent to buy it for your sweet little girl and almost cried when I couldn't find it there. I don't know what it is about this dress, but I just feel like she is meant to wear it someday. Somehow, it looks like her, and I don't even know what she looks like yet!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin