4.01.2010

mixbook


i have grandiose ideas of future scrabooking.
i've filled my entire cart at ac moore with every scrapbook gadget imaginable, only to empty it by the time i get to the checkout line.
i know myself too well.
i'm an excellent project starter
but the buisness of life tends to inturrupt my finishing

then i discovered mix book whilst searching for cheap photo enlarging
i was easily wooed by it's beautiful premade layouts and backgrounds and interchangable stickers and do-dads
seriously, it's so amazing, it has revolutionalized my memory keeping world
especially since i rarely remember to print pictures

i've been wanting to make a photo book of each year of our family
and a life book for each of the boys for each year of their life

i work on it for a few moments whenever i find a few precious moments.
there are no bins of scrapbook supplies
oodles of doodle thing-a-majigs
or crazy cut scizzors.

i am almost done with our '2009 family book'
1/2 way done with foster's 'year 3 life book"
and not yet started on rowan's "year 2 life book"
but i have hope.
the hope of mixbook


2 comments:

  1. I'm the SAME way! I spent hundreds of dollars on scrapbooking supplies and paper. I kept up with it until my oldest (Ian) was about 6 months old. It was just too much work to drag it all out and he wanted to play with my stickers and papers. Now I used blurb for all my memory books. I love them!!! And I don't have to make a big mess while I do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! i am totally going to do this because i have one album of eli's first year and that is the only tangible photos i have at all!!!! thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin