12.21.2010

by the way, i met my daughter today. yep. that's right. my DAUGHTER!

i have no idea where to begin or what to write...but one thing is for sure...

WE HAVE OUR DAUGHTER!!!
that's right. our baby GIRL!

oh my love. its bursting out!!

it's been a whirlwind of a day...the email i anticipated sometime in january or february all of the sudden happened last night. on the night of the eclipse. the week of christmas. seriously...how awesome is that??  

i've been on cloud 9 all day. although a bit distracted with my cloud 9 status....i forgot to eat breakfast, and lunch...even forgot COFFEE..seriously, that's wayyy ridiculous distraction :)

but the rediculous distraction is with good reason.
she's deliciously cute and adorable and everything i dreamed of. she's perfectly perfect. and she is ours! the very first referral given to us for review...just as we prayed...prayed against having to look through a long list and say no to so many faces and yes to only one.

she is only 8 months old...we anticipate bringing her home before her first birthday, which is in May. holy cow. that's incredible!!!

i have so much to write, but in the midst of processing such awesome news, i'm still working to finish christmas orders...so it's late to bed for me tonight...but i'm late to bed with a huge smile. for my little girl. i know who you are. you were created in a most incredible way. i love every little bit of you.

i'm not going to post any photos of her until after we bring her home. i want to keep her just for us. stingy, right? i'm allowed :)
i'd really love to just hide away for a few months just the 5 of us and do nothing but eat gooey snacks and catch frogs and build doll houses and have camp outs and ride tire swings and paint messy things and bake cookies and dance like crazy and kiss and hug and tickle fight all day long. i have a feeling our first few weeks and months will be that way...a whole bunch of nothing that means everything. i hope and pray it will go like that.

my heart is filled with praise...we serve a God who is keeping us in a place of growing closer to Him...it's intoxicating :)

20 comments:

  1. I'm up and rejoicing with you!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So incredibly happy for your family! Can't wait to see this new and beautiful baby girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my gosh Angie I have goosebumps!!!!!!!!

    And she is the same age as my EME!!!

    THAT IS SO PRECIOUS!!

    I have loved following you all on this journey and look forward to following the rest of loving this little girl to a full life.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great news!!!!!! I'm so thrilled for you <3 Congratulations on your sweet baby girl ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Ang. I am beyond thrilled and excited for all of you. I know how long you have wanted this and have been praying for her. You, Clint and the boys will be such a blessing to your sweet little girl. Love you!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. So incredibly thankful for you guys and love you way more than you know! Becky and I were grinning ear to ear for a long time when we got your text! I can NOT wait to meet my little niece...I heard she is amazing, but why would that be different, she is now a WELDON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh angie that is incredible news!!! what an amazing christmas gift. God is so faithful and his timing is so awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angie-- I'm so thrilled for you! I think it's perfect that you keep her to yourself. It will be like us waiting for a birth... anticipating and wondering and excited to see and meet her! I feel those things right now so understand. What an amazing anticipation. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ang!!!!!!!!! so exciting!!!!! i love it, i love it, i love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Words can not even express!!! I am sooooo excited for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!!!! I remember that feeling---amazing. Enjoy these days and celebrating Christmas knowing that you have a baby girl!
    Kelly
    mother to 3 bio kids and 1 girlie from Shaanxi, China (home April 2010, used Living Hope)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praise the Lord! We are SO SO happy for you and for the father's faithfulness in the process. His timing is always better than our own--- yeay! Can't wait to meet her... we need another sweet lady for all our little men at Providence :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angie, so thrilled to be going through this wonderful miracle of a journey with your family! Congratulations! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy for you Angie! This made me tear up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful news! Can't wait to hear more of what's to come these next few months! I am so thrilled for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh Angie! What wonderfully exciting news. I can't wait to see pictures of her, and I think the first few months together that you described sound absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg, omg!! I am so excited for you, I can't WAIT to see this unfold. One of the things that first drew me to your blog was the your palpable desire to adopt- it touched me so much. I seriously can't wait to hear about all of this and someday when she's older, she can read about how long you waited for her. I love so many blogs and I hate when you lose touch with some for a bit and then come back but that doesn't diminish how I remember your story and how much you wanted this, I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. totally crying!!!!!! that is AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!! God is so good!!! congratulations!!!!! your love for her is so beautiful & such a reflection of God's love for us. thanks for that sweet & precious reminder in your words about your baby girl.

    yea!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin