7.25.2011

miss jing liu {emery lin}


















i can't ever describe how wonderful today has been! oh, this girl...she is more beautiful and amazing then i could have ever imagined! the most precious and TINY being i have ever laid eyes on! i remember reading that we could be shocked at how tiny our baby girl will be...well, for sure, she is so teenie tiny its almost shocking. probably about the size of foster when he was born, no kidding! but her slender little legs and arms, oh so skinny and cute!! she has super long lashes, fingers and feet, and the softest and smoothest skin!
our first moments together were like a fairy tale. it is the senario i have drempt of come to life. the orphanage director walked in, and behind him a woman walked in carrying emery. we walked over, and she handed her to me right away. i was laughing and weeping and speechless. she didn't cry, but kept gazing into my eyes with her amazing baby browns. oh, they sparkle like diamonds! i felt like i was holding a little feather! "wo ai ni, wo ai ni, wo ai ni, bao bai" (i love you i love you i love you baby) i kept saying over and over. "piao liang nu er" (beautiful daughter) over and over. and she loved me. right from the start. clint was incredible and snapped pictures over and over. we tried to switch and i handed emery to him, but she instantly cried. when he gave her back to me, she stopped crying right away. it was magical. i know she will love clint. without a doubt. but in this moment, right now, i needed her love, and i know she needs mine.
one regret is that our new video camera (which recorded 5 min of amazingness) refused to save the video. not sure what happened, but i've decided not to harp on it. we don't have our gotcha moment on video. it's a big bummer. but thanks to clint, we have lots of photos, and they say it all.
we came back to our room and started feeding her and playing with stacking cups, which she loved! she cried on and off, and if i put her down she screamed. we gave her a bath and the smallest outfit i brought looks 5 sizes too big! we blew up balloons and suddenly she was laughing and giggling!!! she was so calm and amazing. after an hour, i put her in my mai tai wrap and in 15 min she was sound asleep, holding the lovey i brought her. its more than wonderful. better than amazing. miracle material. shes sleeping in my arms as i type this...my heart is bursting!!!
so much more to say, but its time to go meet the orphanage director and do paperwork...then food!
thank you for your prayers and love...this is the best day ever!!!!

**read more about our adoption process process (here) and see how much miss emery has grown and changed since she came home (here)

22 comments:

  1. oh angie!!! this is exactly as I prayed it would be for you! she is so amazing and beautiful!! I cannot even describe how happy i am for you- so your joy must be completely overwhelming. i am so happy to have woken up to that amazingly perfect and yes, SO TINY, little girl! Praise be to God for little Emery Lin! Your daughter- safe in your loving arms. AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie,
    I am so incredibly happy for you guys! What an amazing day :) Your words brought tears to my eyes...so glad Emery is finally in her mama's arms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So incredibly happy for you dear friend. I pray that all goes smoothly over the course of your stay. We love you all and can't wait for you to head home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is perfect!!! I woke up this morning and couldn't get to a computer fast enough knowing you had your little girl!!! So thankful for the way she just immediately knew how much you love her and was comforted by your arms! Praise the lord for his continued faithfulness and for the realization of years of prayers in this sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just kept thinking this sounds like a miracle as I read your post. So proud of you guys and incredibly thrilled for your family! Such joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tears of joy are running down my face! What a wonderful wonderful day! :) Sharing in your joy dear friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. So incredible ang! She is so beautiful! Celebrating with you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Angie, my heart is bursting with joy for you as I tear up reading these posts!!!!! What a sweet, sweet day!!! I pray today continued to go well for you as you took care of all the paperwork (and that it wasn't too terribly hot in the civil affairs office!!!). I also pray that everyone is able to sleep tonight, I know how amazing that first night will be for your family :-) I am over-the-moon excited for you ... Praise God you have a new daughter!! Congratulations to you, Clint, Foster, Rowan and your newest addition, Emery!!! What a miracle she is! A true gift handed straight down from God!

    I can't wait for the day when our girls are together ... won't it be interesting to see the size difference :-)

    I love you so much and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so choked up right now. Happy for you, in awe of that beautiful girl, so thrilled that she's doing well so far -- and so over the moon excited to get myself to where you are!! Thank you so allowing me to live vicariously through you right now! Can't wait to see and read more! God Bless you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. God is so good....what a beautiful post and best.day.ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no words to describe how happy I am for your family! for you! To finally have wrapped your arms around this little one you've been praying for for SO LONG! What an amazing blessing! She is a teeny, tiny DOLL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so so thrilled for you. Was thinking of you all weekend! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so so awesome!!! what a blessing! i cannot wait to meet her! thanks for sharing your special moment! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AHHHHHHHHH, the gotcha moment will be burned into your heart and memory FOREVER. I almost remember my gotcha moment better than the birth of my other son. There is something undescribeable and unique about that exchange. God has blessed this time for you with such reverence. I'm certain He is up there celebrating and crying along with you. Wouldn't our Father in heaven just want to leap out of his skin (if he had any) over the celebration of a child finding a real home! Your story is marvelous and she is absolutely stunning and tiny. Beautiful like a little China doll. Asian skin is RIDICULOUSLY smooth. I remember adhering my hands and lips to my sons cheeks (face) ALL. THE. TIME! Enjoy your time!! Can't wait to hear more about the journey and see your sweet boys meet their new sister! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful moment to see your sweet little girl in your arms after all this time...thank you Angie for allowing us to see your beautiful heart for this child and for her Creator. Your story has been an encouragement and a blessing to so many including me. We got to see your struggles and waiting and the strength that only God provides. And here you both are you and Clint standing and FINALLY holding your little girl. I am so excited for you! Cannot wait to meet your Emery Lin and give you big big hug!!!! Congratulations! Happy Gotcha Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so happy!!! She is so pretty and delicate, I can't wait to hear more. Keep us posted!! What a true blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clint and Angie, Our hearts are bursting with joy for you today! We are so happy for you! What special moments to share with your new baby girl. Congratulations! Can't wait to see you all together as one big family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. my son is from nanchang, possibly the same orphanage? his special need was asd/vsd and he is a healthy exuberant loving 5 year old full of american pie these days. he was about your daughter's age when we met.

    oh, the sweetness. congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your gotcha day! Finally, this sweet child has found a place called home. One less orphan, the angels are singing! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So, so happy for you! She is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness. Just came across your blog from Ashley Ann's and I am nearly crying with joy for you and your sweet sweet girl! She knew her mama from the start! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved this post then. Love it even more today having met her and knowing how far she's come already!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin