9.27.2011

finally got some clothes on this chick!



on our way out of intensive care!! moving em to a regular room...she's doing well! still in pain and won't eat, but wow...what a rockstar! we finally got her out of her skivvies! :)  and even got to walk the halls for a few minuets...she was so happy and just layer on my shoulder...a good distraction.
my baby girl may be in a lot of pain, but there is home on the horizon... maybe today, maybe tomorrow... many others on this floor have a much longer road. as I walked, my heart rejoicing that my girl was calm for a few moments, but I ached for the moms in the rooms we passed by. they, too, long for calm and healing. 

more updates soon.

3 comments:

  1. Bless her heart! So glad Emery is moving out of ICU and finds so much comfort in your arms. You must be exhausted but know that you are doing a wonderful thing for her. I think of all the orphans that have this done with no parent by their side. I'm so glad they waited so that her surgery could be done at home. Wish I lived nearby; I would bring you a chicken casserole. Instead I am sending warm wishes and lots of prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reading this makes me feel so thankful to the Lord that Emery has your family to call her own. I also feel relieved that my daughter is waiting to get her surgery at home, I could NOT imagine my little girl going through such pain w/o me. But, I suppose the palate is harder than the lip? Our doc has opted to do Tahlia's palate first too. I am so anxious and scared, but seeing your journey has helped bring me to a peace. So glad to hear she is out of ICU and in your arms, what a little trooper she is!!!! Praising God for answered prayers! God Bless u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry I didn't put her surgery on my calendar. I've been so busy and have not been reading my regular haunts. I came on tonight though and got all caught up. So glad to hear she is improving. What a strong girl she and her mommy are. Praying you continue to feel His presence in a tangible way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin