3.27.2009

dear spring


thanks for arriving today so unexpectedly.
you made my heart flutter and my children's shoes joyfully muddy.
i love you spring.
please don't break my heart with your "here today gone tomorrow" mentality. you and your teaser lofty breezes and coma-inducing warmth.
let the following merriment entice you to stay forever.
it was your loveliness that caused me to override my 4GB memory card this afternoon, so you should at least get to see the fruit of your ever-desirous labor.
"please don't go...don't gooooo...don't go a-way..."
(isn't that a really lame 80's song?)
sing it proud, Spring.
and heed it's warning.
i might have to vacate the premises and move to the sun.
if you so much as consider retracting your springness
that'll show you, hu?


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin