3.17.2009

till 'dress' do us part

i had a doosy
a doosy of a day
in order to turn my utmost frustration into positivity,
i took it out on my house.
second only to a shopping spree, "redding out" my closets usually does the trick.

we have several "black holes" in our house
areas of clutter ridden catastrophic toxicity that i only dare enter with utmost caution and usually escape with my brain completely stripped of it's sensibilities.

tonight, i braved the unknown and entered black hole #1
2 hours, 2 large hefty's and 2 empty boxes later
i survived
and started for black hole #2

it is at this point where my post begins
(sorry that it took half of the post to get here. i'm wordy. get over it :)

i found myself at a box which held the very beginning
the literal place where it all began

my wedding dress.
circa 2003.

the true test of sanity for any woman who has let a few years pass since it's wearing and certainly for a woman who has since allowed her midsection to be stretched to unearthly lengths to bring children into the world.

just the sight of it gives me chills.

yes, yes of course lovely memories waft into my brain of the day so beautiful and perfect it changed my life forever...

but the true thought, right after the lovely memories thought
haunts me to my very core
the question on all of our minds
the question i dare not ever consider saying allowed...
"does it still fit???"

my question of all questions got the best of me.
i did the deed.
out came the mounds of satin white with its darling scattering of rhinestones and floral scapes...the tiny precious details i hadn't even noticed in my trip down the isle
i unzipped the claspings and into it i thrust myself.
not quite prepared for how i would ever deal with the situation that would arise if it didn't, in fact, still fit. my heart couldn't even bare to consider it. but as i began to fill it's capacity, my heart welling with utmost angst, certain that i would not recover from such a disappointment...

zip.
it fit.

enter 1/2 hour of prancing about in fairyland-like merriment
enter husband and children overjoyed at such an overjoyed sight

go ahead, ask me how my day was today...
my answer: awesome!

6 comments:

  1. you go girl! i have a friend who has been married just over 13 years and her dress still fits, too. hooray! my only question is, where's the picture of you in it now? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I second that, I want to see a pic now too. That is AWESOME...good for you, espcially after bring those 2 handsome boys into the world. I am proud of you, not that I expected anything less!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great! my favorite post ever!
    mamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww... Now I want to call my mom in Oklahoma and have her ship my wedding dress to me....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin