8.11.2009

my precious

my blog brain has been destracted as of late.
all of the fundraiser fantasticness took up so much space.
my brain can get quite cluttered...much like my desk, the floor of my THMV, or my ever mounded pile of misc paperwork

in all of my brain cluttering, i totally forgot about the most heart-melting moment that i recently captured on film.
beware.
it's seriously high up on the adorablness chart.
peeking over into mind boggling.

it's the story of
"my precious."
(insert a slightly nicer Lord of the Rings voiceover)

you see, my precious is sometimes daring (i.e. onto couch cushions or into my arms at the pool) but is quite often hugging, and kiss loving, and all around a quite scrumptious little guy.

when the Goshen Fair was in town two weeks ago, each night we drove around running errands and the boys would "ooh", and "aww" at the lights and the grandure. i kept telling myself we would go, but secretly i didn't want to brave the teenie-bopper mahem coupled with un-stroller friendly grasslands and over priced amusement.

it was tuesday. on the way home from Joann Fabrics, i was feeling guilty. REALLY guilty. i had drug my children into a fabric enduced coma after parading them through the isiles of material for a recent order.
clint was at a softball game. we were all by our lonesome.
i made a split decision, followed by a swift lane change...
Goshen Fair, here we come.

in short, we had a fantastic evening (or at least as much fun as $10 and 8 tickets will allow)
until i decided to do this:
the school bus of terror.


i'll be honest. i'm not sure which is cuter. foster's crazed reflection of joy or my precious' horribly pitiful cries for me to rescue him.

long story. i know. bear with me.

after our brush with terror on the school bus, my precious clung to me like a spider on the brink of being flushed. (ok, i admit. bad analogy. but seriously, you have to admit...spiders get awful scrappy when faced with a swirly :)

i vowed to take them back, and give my precious a chance to redeem his terrified nervous system.

it was thursday.
i called in the experts and my very own go-to gal in all situations frightening (my mom).
there was no way this kid was going to cry a second time.
there is only one thing that can happen:


it tickles my heart to see his overjoyed glee...
his wigglie wave...
his squeelie excitement...
my precious.
(minus the voiceover :)

3 comments:

  1. rowan is the cutest....so scared!! Love that kid....love both of your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you were a kind enough mother to buy tickets. We went and only let Bennett pet the animals...aka...free:) Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming over from Patty's blog. Wanted to say hello and I loved the videos.

    I can't wait for me and the Lil one to go things like this :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin