9.12.2009

pet-peeve = pillow cases

i've been getting to bed rather late recently,
therefore causing me to stealthilly snuggle under the covers after the lights have been dimmed,
which led me to this morning's horrifying discovery.

we both awoke to the usual sound of the kids stirring via our secret spy devices.
as we chatted for a moment about the day ahead
clint suddenly looked at me with a surprised and somewhat shocked expression from accross the bed.

"do you normally sleep without a pillowcase?" he asked inquisingly.

"what are you talking about, i ALWAYS use a....wait, what??? you've got to be kidding me! WHERE is my pillowcase!!" i screeched.

"this is SO gross!" i exclaimed (as clint snickered a bit at my distress.)
"it's not funny!" i said, half laughing in disbelief, half completly skeeved, as i tossed the uncovered culpret in clint's direction.
"i can't believe i slept all night on that pillow!"

i have since clothed my frightened headrest and put him back on his seat atop our bed, but i'm still at a loss...
first, how did i end up case-less?
second, how did i get so sleep deprived as to not notice a naked pillow?

resolution...
first, preceed eye closure with a swift double check of pillow case allignment
second, go to bed early :)


you now know my new greatest fear. step aside lanky bugs, and hello underbelly of an unsheethed pillow.




(p.s. i so wish this was a picture of my acctual bed with such a lovely pillow case. thank you google images for this endearing set. i was in no mood to stage a picture of my literal place of rest, which would require me to acctually make the bed :)



4 comments:

  1. That is hilarious, I too do not a like a caseless pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that pillow on that picture. So funny we can be so exhausted not to notice that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I HAVE to have a pillow case also. I've even been known to yell at Kevin a time or two for not having one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so funny! thanks for sharing ang!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin