7.08.2009

spying

my favorite past-time.
perhaps my favorite present-time.
regardless, i do it all day and night long.
now before you start looking over your shoulder for my creepy 007 maneuvers, i'll explain.

you see, the most significant children's product on the market (second only to the dwink) is the monitor.
i am in love with it.
i loathe the day when i am forced to reliquish its listening capacities and leave my children to their own devices.
i take comfort in the static hum. i sleep to its glorious monotony. i clean to its fresh white noise of slumbering offspring.
but even more delightful to my senses are the secret spy abilities i am enabled with upon its usage. i often find the cutest conversations occur whilst listening with stealthy ears.

yesterday.
both boys in upstairs playroom.
i escape downstairs for a fleeting moment to affix rowan's upcoming naptime bottle.
5 seconds elapse and rowan's breathless cries erupt.
i make a run for the stairs, but then i hear it...
a sweet little big-brother voice coming to the rescue.

foster: "it's ok rowie...oh rowie, don't cry, buddy...your ok. see, it's ok rowie."

rowie: "sniffle. sniffle." cries subside.

foster: "here, come sit on my lap. did you know jesus loves you? jesus loves me, too."

rowie: "sniffle." listening intently

foster: "lets read a bible story. you feel better. see bible help. hmm, what to read, what to read...
moses in basket...
big fish...
no, sit down rowan. here, sit on my lap. sit down, right here, rowie, right here!
baby jesus in barn....
last meal...
hmm, what to read, what to read..."



6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh angie, that is the most precious thing ever!!!! how happy that must make you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. noooo way!?!
    that is absolutely incredible and precious! :)
    he's so smart and he has a huge heart for jesus already at the age of 3!
    that is my favorite blog post ever!
    goodness i'm still in awe :)
    where did he come from? ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, that is the most sweet thing i have heard in a long time! jesus was speaking through fosie, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ang, that is incredible! man I miss not seeing your little guys more...that needs to change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He has such a sweet spirit. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for posting this my friend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin