7.15.2009

i'm in love with...

the crisp rasp of net cord
the flinch of reaction time
the echoing pounce of a high falling lobb
the netted stabs of greatness
the pound of quickened footsteps
the smell of freshly opened puffyness
the spring of spry topspin
warp speed that is my brother's squirly serve
astonished giggles at an unbelieveable shot, no matter who the victor
high fives for a rally well exicuted or a swing well swung
the cold shiver of an ice cold slurp
tacky tourna-grip

my favorite raquet
sadly last strung 6/1/04
i still love the way it makes my arm feel
when glorious contact is made
every bit of it i love
i remember it all

thanks to mr. and mrs. h and a real ringer
who enjoy the pleasure of an improptu game as much as i
i've been rejuvinated.

new addition to my ever lengthy to-do list: string raquets :)


2 comments:

  1. tourna-grip!!!! I was trying to remember the name of it this morning on my way to work...i was thinking all the same thoughts, it just didn't all sound so poetic in my head :) that was super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang i was gonna tell you your blog(s) are looking mighty nice these days :) I'm glad we've inspired you to fancy it up. looks charming.

    see ya at kylies party...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin