6.11.2011

DIY (the photo party)

after a very long week, friday night was the perfect end. i had the joy of joining 2 friends to throw a surprise 30th birthday for laurel...one of the dearest people in my life, who is loved by everyone she meets. she's one of those people who feels like home. as if we have known each other for years and go way back with all kinds of history...but in reality we met a little over a year ago. the kindred spirit kind of friend. it was pure joy to celebrate her and throw a bash in her honor.

equally as fun, was the chance to run wild with the pinterest ideas i've been infatuated with. i challenged myself to use what i could find or borrow. i also found myself fascinated by the creativity and amazing resourcefulness of my party planning cohorts. i'm now on the lookout for the next excuse to plan a bonfire/photobooth/lemonade stand party :)


(amy: party planning cohort extraordinaire)

(i made several signs of these using microsoft word and google images + frames i found laying around the house)

these straws, flags and lemon laden mason jars were one of my favorite details. if you ever decide to do this idea, don't buy the straws on etsy (don't get me wrong, i LOVE etsy) but they are much cheaper on the gray goose and you get a LOT more. i cut small strips of cardstock, hot glued them quickly around the straw and cut the ends with scizzors. i made 50 in about an hour.  so fun and easy.

the photobooth was SO much fun! since laurel is a photo lover, it was great to be able to give her a photo guest book.

(gail: woman of all talents and abilities related to party planning, wedding flowers, cake decorating and all around amazingness.)
(me and the birthday girl)
(smore amazingness a-la-amy. even including rolos, my altime favorite choco-caramel treat)




3 comments:

  1. This party looks like SO much fun! I love the photobooth. So cute. Isn't Pinterest the best?! I have found so many wonderful ideas that I can't wait to implement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The details are AMAZING Ang!! Everything came out SO sweet!! Oh and thanks for the bit of advice on the straws, I totally was going to order them for my son's birthday off etsy but now I am going to check out the other site! Thank goodness for Pinterest right? It totally makes party planning easier and you can really see ideas come to life! What a great party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay--I seriously have to get "in" with your crowd. This looks like a blast! You are just too too clever. I envy you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin