8.15.2011

video montage

it's misty this morning. the kind of misty that's heavy with impending downpour. after a weekend of rain (thankfully for the garden which is all foliage and light on fruit) i was hoping we could be outside today, but i'm thinking it's not going to happen. the boys are going absolutely stir crazy and have been in a serious wrestling mood. not just with each other, but they take on each of us, and i have to say, as a tag team, they are marvelously strong and sneaky. foster is just plain scrappy and monster strong. we are constantly reminding him to learn to control his strength. but what fun is that, mom?? rowan, on the other hand, sits on my head, tickles my sides and holds my nose all the same time. i am instantly defeated because as soon as i start to giggle, my ultimate spider wrestling move goes out the window. great amounts of laughing ensue. they love tickling me, and oh how i loathe being tickled....but their little tickle fingers are just so wigglie and cute.

we are heading to the pediatrician today, and i've already had a talk with the boys about the vaccinations jing liu will have and the crying that is sure to come. thankfully, they both got shots at the beginning of the summer. i say "thankfully" because they immediately said "oh wow, that's really going to hurt! we'll talk to her and help her feel better. and we'll show her where the lolly pops are!!"  yes, i'm sure they will "show her" the lollypops :)

yesterday, we worked hard at our eating and exercising. i have a few videos. please don't watch them to the end...they are LONG and i don't know how to edit videos yet (on my list of university google for this year) but i just have to show off my smarty pants girl who is coming alive after (and during) each meal. it's like we are literally watching her food tank rise as her silliness meter goes up.

(p.s. lots of eggs floating around in these videos...another thing we've realized is she has never played with food! a rite of passage we are letting her indulge at every meal. she is thoroughly pleased!)



and then my parents walked in and the "so big" got even bigger...


and the exercising...well, sometimes it goes well, and other times, it's just plain hard. i try to push her only for a few moments, and then we rest. this video shows just how hard her little body is working. i don't think she was ever put on her belly because she literally has no upper body strength and her legs fight the crawling position tooth and nail.

11 comments:

  1. Hey Angie! The videos aren't showing up for me on here. Hmmm -- I wonder what's wrong! Can't wait to see your little girl in action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two eggy videos are just precious! She is beautiful! The work out video says private so I'll come back and view it later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo biig! :) How cute. Watched them all - every second of them. LOVELY

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable! Keep up the good work on eating and exercise!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was getting excited right along with you...smiling from ear to ear over here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a worker!!!!
    no complaining either!
    She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS! She is just too cute. My friends and I were talking about adoption yesterday and I brought them over to your blog. I told them they HAD to see your sweet princess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally got the videos to play, and oh. my. I could just eat that girl up with a spoon!! She is so fabulous -- makes my long for my girl like crazy. Y'all don't mind if I live vicariously through you for the next few months, right? Keep posting, please!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gotta tell you.. I've never been good at following directions, so I watched your videos all the way to the end of each one. I LOVE when your parents are there. It is so precious when the extended families in the adoptee's life are thrilled with their arrival. Isn't it sad that it's not always "accepted" in some families. My family is fantastic like yours. Our children are their grandchildren no matter where they arrived from. I cried at how tickled she was to make everyone laugh and have fun with her. She is getting filled with all that love and acceptance RIGHT WHEN SHE NEEDS IT and had been lacking. What an amazing thing for her to have now. You have a beautiful family. I love the way you love her. I'd kinda like to bring her home with me now though. I am also saddened at her lack of strength. A reminder of her life before you had her. Thank GOD she is now with you and has a chance at an amazing life. I absolutely adore following you guys on here. I wish we lived closer. I'd love to visit. I know my boys and your boys would have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my!!! We watched every sweet moment of those precious videos, and my hubby and I cracked up with the " so big show"....what a little "star" you have....she was too cute as she was toying with all of you. How precious to have the extended family sharing in the joy!! Such sweet memories. You are so blessed!! God is so good!!! I love following your blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin